Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Shiny objects, part 2

Here's a random sample of sporting-type cars. Two came from Italy, two from the UK, and one is an Anglo-Italian hybrid.

Any time I see an Alfa-Romeo 1750, I will photograph it, and you will be forced to see it...



The Alfa was built circa 1931. This Maserati A6CGS racer is from the mid-1950s...



When sales of the D-Type Jaguar, an all-out racing car, slowed in 1956-57, the factory converted some for street use and called the result the XKSS. Only a few of these hairy-chested beasts were built...



Aston Martin wanted a race-worthy version of its DB4 luxury tourer, and had the Italian body-builder Zagato build the lightweight bodies for them. Of all Astons new and old, I find this one from 1959 most striking...



Finally, I know my friend Scott loves Morgans, but I doubt he's ever seen one like this. Underneath the fiberglass body, the 1964 Plus Four Plus was a traditional Morgan all the way. Fewer than 50 were built...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photographs Scribby.

Very awesome cars :)

Anonymous said...

Cute cars. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have to choose between the Aston or the Morgan. I'm usually very decisive, but that would be a tough one. GREAT cars, Scribbs. :)

Anonymous said...

Again, nice. I'd like to go for a spin in a few of those!!! :P

-Nullmuse

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to take a ride somewhere. Anywhere.