Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No little trick-or-treaters...

...around here last night. Not that I expected many; since I've lived here, there have been only a few. But I did have a small bag of candy on hand just in case which, unopened, went to a neighbor's tiny daughter this morning.

Had my camera ready, too, but nobody to take pictures of. So here's an old cat photo from the files that has a kind of Hallowe'en vibe to it...



I would have enjoyed a little respite from the usual gloom around here. Sharing Hallowe'en fun with both young and "grown-up" kids used to be something I very much looked forward to.

I should probably celebrate El Dia de los Muertos instead. That's where I belong, I guess.

Think I'll go see if the local bodega has some candy skulls left....

2 comments:

dangerkitty said...

Pick up a candy skull for me too, Scribbler, and we'll celebrate.

gillardia said...

I think my favorite part of Halloween is the candy! I am a chocoholic, in case you didn't know...

Gill