Sunday, November 05, 2006

The French & Italian car show...

...is where I spent much of the day. Despite the name, they do allow a few cars that aren't either Italian and French to show up. More about that later.

Before I get to the cars, since I didn't have time to hunt down a Gratuitous Cat of the Week (maybe tomorrow), here's a doggie, complete with tiny sunglasses...



First, the Italian cars. The oldest car there was this Lancia Lambda from the 1920s. There's a lot of sophisticated engineering under its skin...



Aside from the usual Alfa-Romeos, a "Junior Z," one of my favorites, was on display...



So was an Alfa "Montreal" which, despite the passage of time, looks as weird to me now as it did when new...



I don't much like looking at or driving new Ferraris, but classic Ferraris, like this 250 GT, are a different matter altogether...



One of my perennial favorites, the tiny Fiat 600...



And a real rarity (one of four or five, I believe): a 1954 Chrysler with a custom body by Ghia of Italy...



French cars next. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Alfa's were, and still are, beautiful cars. Maybe it's something to do with Italian DNA.

John0 Juanderlust said...

Italian and French, what a combination for some cool looking, and often bizarre machines. The 1030's certainly produced some great design.

John0 Juanderlust said...

oops 1930's. The ones from the 1030's all rusted out by now