Sunday, August 28, 2011

Surveying the carnage...

...caused by Whatevertheheckitis Irene.

There are twigs down everywhere, and some street flooding as deep as an eighth-inch. What with the wind and rain, I'm told it's kinda like experiencing a Nor'easter, but without the bad storm parts.

Ghouls that we are, D. and I went into town this morning to see what was still standing. Couldn't find the Swath of Destruction, alas, but both of us aimed our cameras at the same spot....

Still vigilant, Mango surveys storm damage today at Bearskin Neck

The TV people say the worst is yet to come for this area -- maybe, unless it doesn't happen -- but we keep on keepin' on. If Mango can take it, so can we!

2 comments:

Breath-e said...

Looks to me Mango is keeping the looters away.

fragilewisdom said...

I am glad that there was not swath of destruction to be found! I wouldn't want to tangle with Mango if I was a looter!