Saturday, April 09, 2011

Now that I'm here...

...it was time to hit the road, though not far.

Something much discussed long before I came to Sandy Bay was my appreciation for a literary giant who lived -- and wrote -- in a town that is, if not exactly nearby, within reasonable driving distance.

Today, we decided to head that way. Of course there were a few practical matters to take care of en route, one of which led to tonight's first photo. D. is doing some historical research on a particular individual and found a house where his father lived for a couple of years in the late 1700s. That's apparently enough to earn one a historical plaque for a house in these parts. So she wanted to get a couple of photos.

While she was taking care of that, I found another "first" for me: A kittycat living in a 250 year-old house, and here she (?) is, looking as if she would have belonged in that window the day the house was first occupied....



Not much later, we arrived at our destination and, for the first time, I was able to "meet" the author of whom I have so long been in absolute awe....



I'm stalling a bit. The story will take some explaining, some excerpts of the man's work will have to be supplied, and some work must be done to improve a couple of images. One or two illustrations from his day will be added as well, in what I expect will be a two (or more)-part posting here. Can't get that done tonight.

Mainly, I just wanted to get it on record that it was another superb day for me in the New World.

3 comments:

John0 Juanderlust said...

No I'm curious; I look forward to the rest of the story.

John0 Juanderlust said...

now not no

Anonymous said...

When I saw your first pics the other day I guessed Mass. It reminded me of Provincetown. Great place to settle Scribbs. Take it easy on the clams though.
-Puma